Zoey invites you to view her scrapbook as her parents build her a new house overlooking Sugar Pine Creek!

About Me

My photo
Trail, Oregon
I'm a Chocolate Labrador Retriever. I love to run for short periods of time, then I love to be in my chair. I love food and consider myself a gourmet! This is my baby picture. I'm 95 lbs now!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Yesterday Dad went to town for supplies,
 Mom helped Donny and Jim with the shoveling.
They left me inside.

We built a ramp using decomposed granite on the outside of the footer. Then shoveled 4 inch layers of DG on the inside of the footer, compacting each layer until it was built up to the level of the footer.
They laid a steel plate over the footer so we can drive the tractor inside to dump more DG.  The entire inside has to be filled with compacted DG which makes the base for the slab/floor.
Temperatures are predicted to be in the teens so the engineer recommended that we cover the concrete footers with blankets.  ICF Mike brought blankets out.  When we ran out of blankets we used hay!  It was snowing pretty hard by the time we quit.

1 comment:

  1. So Pop took off for town leaving Mom to deal with the mess? Is he in trouble...?

    ReplyDelete