Zoey invites you to view her scrapbook as her parents build her a new house overlooking Sugar Pine Creek!

About Me

My photo
Trail, Oregon
I'm a Chocolate Labrador Retriever. I love to run for short periods of time, then I love to be in my chair. I love food and consider myself a gourmet! This is my baby picture. I'm 95 lbs now!

Friday, December 19, 2014


We photographed the lion for 6 nights.  We have about 2500 gross, time-lapse, pictures of him eating his dinner right outside the fence!  He showed up as early as 5pm.  One of the neighbors had seen the mountain lion cross in front of her car the night the deer was killed.  News spread and people were actually stopping alongside the road pointing at the deer.  Ranchers want him killed because he may kill livestock.  Hunters want him killed because he kills the deer.  We called Fish and Wildlife.  They said that we live in cougar country and we need to take precautions.  If we saw him during the day or he was after me and Osker, then they would come and shoot him.  They do not   trap and relocate because it's too dangerous.  We made sure we were inside by 4pm.


After a few days, Dad put a rope around the deer and pulled it away from the road.  He said it must have weighed 100 lbs.  That night the cat came and picked up (didn't drag) the deer and took it to another spot that me and Osker found!!  The night after that he hauled it further away and we finally said game over.  


However, the icky stomach fell out and Dad tried to bury it, but didn't go deep enough and me and Osker had a good roll in it!!  I just dabbed it behind my ears.  Osker covered his chest and back in it.  We smelled really fine and were quite proud of ourselves!!  It took 3 showers to get Osker clean!

2 comments:

  1. Wild Kingdom...! Although I suggest you avoid rolling in the remains...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drama at The Farm! I trust those photos were taken by a remote camera…?

    ReplyDelete