Zoey invites you to view her scrapbook as her parents build her a new house overlooking Sugar Pine Creek!

About Me

My photo
Trail, Oregon
I'm a Chocolate Labrador Retriever. I love to run for short periods of time, then I love to be in my chair. I love food and consider myself a gourmet! This is my baby picture. I'm 95 lbs now!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Added many more loads of pit-run rock on the driveway today prepping for the concrete trucks scheduled for Monday!!  This is Donny's (Sugar Kat, Inc) Hi-Track bulldozer.  He smoothed and crushed the rock like it was sand!!
Passed the structural engineer's inspection!  Ready to pour the footings!  Lots of rebar sticking up.  The plywood boxes are the forms for the column footers.  Lots of talk about the width of the footers (5'6"); wider than the guys on the job have seen for our size building.  The Engineer explained that they're using a cantilever design that is not supported by the subfloor.  The subfloor sits on top of the wall.  If the subfloor had to provide support to hold the walls up (out) it is more expensive than a wood subfloor--requiring steel beams.


BTW, the coconut.... pierced the shell... no problem.  Folks took it before I made a mess.  It may be a good outdoor summer treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment