Zoey invites you to view her scrapbook as her parents build her a new house overlooking Sugar Pine Creek!

About Me

My photo
Trail, Oregon
I'm a Chocolate Labrador Retriever. I love to run for short periods of time, then I love to be in my chair. I love food and consider myself a gourmet! This is my baby picture. I'm 95 lbs now!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yesterday the plan was to finish the basement floor with a pumper truck and 2 truckloads of concrete.
The pumper truck drove over from Klamath Falls experiencing some sort of engine trouble on the way up Elk Creek Rd.  He got set up, extended the pump and the hydraulic system died.  There was a concrete truck churning away while they came up with plan B which was to hire a pump and use a long hose to get the concrete into the basement.  In the meantime the second concrete truck arrived.  The first one had to be sent back because too much time had passed.  The floor pour got underway.  
A second pumper truck (the boss) came up.  In a rarely seen mating ritual the 2 pumper trucks connected hoses from the 2nd truck to the 1st, exchanged hydraulic fluid, and got the boom lowered back onto the truck.  But, the truck is dead where it sits and spilled lots of hydraulic fluid even tho we discussed that before they started.  They will have to tow it out of here, and they need to deal with the spill.

No comments:

Post a Comment